Xerox® ConnectKey Technology is a set of common capabilities, systems, and interfaces on a common controller and platform that powers all VersaLink and AltaLink devices – from small desktop printers to high-speed workgroup MFPs. Each ConnectKey Technology-enabled device has unique physical characteristics such as speed and finishing options, but they all have the same set of security, productivity, cloud, mobility, and app capabilities.
How ConnectKey Technology benefits you
- Once you learn the capabilities of one ConnectKey product and you’ve learned them all, making them easy to promote, demo, sell, and support.
- The broad and powerful set of ConnectKey solution capabilities allows you to focus on addressing your customer’s business requirements first – and then select the right VersaLink or AltaLink model based on speed, size, and finishing requirements.
- Business-solving apps from the Xerox App Gallery enable you to personalize solutions for your customers, helping you win competitive business and with ongoing stream revenue.
Remote and flexible work models demand the one-platform convenience and seamless productivity provided by the Xerox® Workflow Central platform, a cloud-based solution that takes the guesswork out of converting physical and digital files into usable formats. Workflow Central makes it easy to transform documents instantly from any device, including PCs, tablets, mobile devices and multifunction printers.
- Adaptability that lets you be effective and productive anytime, anywhere. Seamlessly switch between locations, devices and formats.
- Flexibility to meet process needs on the fly. Ensure documents are in the ideal format and ready for next steps.
- Security that keeps content safe while working and sharing outside and inside the office infrastructure thanks to Microsoft Azure security intelligence.
- Simple subscriptions that allow unlimited users in your organization to instantly access a library of workflow services on unlimited devices.
Define your workflow:
- Convert documents into workable, editable Microsoft Office formats with ease.
- Create a smaller, summarized file that’s easier to digest.
- Digitize handwritten notes and turn them into editable, shareable and actionable insights using artificial intelligence (AI).
- Combine related documents into a single master file.
- Convert paper and digital reading materials into audio files for easy listening, so you can always stay caught up.
- Translate documents into a desired language in a timely manner.
- Redact confidential information automatically and effectively based on your defined requirements.
Select individual workflows or automate further with pre-set combination workflows, such as:
- Translate + Summarize
- Merge + Audio
- Merge + Summarize + Audio
All workflow can be saved as a new workflow with your selected settings for faster use in future, with unique names and customisable icons.
Convert to Microsoft Office
Don’t let the wrong file type slow you down. Convert PDFs, hard copies or image files to editable, digital Microsoft Office formats right at the printer. The maximum job size is approximately 200 pages.
- Upload or scan Whether your file is a pdf, hard copy news article or image.
- Select output format Convert your document to a Word, Powerpoint or Excel file while maintaining all layouts and formatting.
- Share Print, email or upload your new document straight from the printer.
Stay productive with bite-sized big ideas.
Every day, you’re inundated with information, making it difficult to keep up, let alone take it all in. And with so little time in the workday, how can you stay in the know while avoiding information overload? Meet the Xerox Summarizer App. It uses artificial intelligence (AI) to create a summary of documents for viewing, printing or sharing right on your Xerox® ConnectKey® Technology-enabled device, allowing you to digest more information faster than ever.
Too long; didn’t read (TL;DR)? Not anymore. Get the main points and get on with your day with the Xerox Summarizer App. Short, sweet, easy-to-read summaries allow you to spend less time trying to digest content and more time acting on it. No more information overload or time wasted on manual summarization — just powerful insights at your fingertips in seconds.
- Scan Walk up to your Xerox ConnectKey Technology-enabled MFP with your document and scan it.
- Reduce the length of your original document without losing key points with an extraction summary.
- Receive a short, concise interpretation of your original document with an AI-driven abstraction summary.
- Choose your output Preview, print and/or receive an email of your summary for easy sharing.
Industry-specific use cases
- Education Summarize articles, papers and research material to boost reading comprehension.
- Insurance Extract and analyze critical information contained in policies, clauses and more.
- Legal Concise summaries of cases and minutes help you get more out of every billable hour.
Handwriting to Text
Spend less time typing up handwritten notes and more time acting on them.
60% of business people that write notes by hand type them up after the meeting.* What if there were an easier way to get your notes off the page and into the hands of your coworkers? Using Google AI technology, the Xerox® Note Converter App lets you turn handwritten notes into legible, editable and shareable digital files in no time.
Tap into the full potential of your handwritten notes.
With the Note Converter App, you get all the convenience and ease of handwritten notes, plus the simplicity and time savings of digital file conversion. Quickly and easily edit and share your notes with anyone in your organization. Optical character recognition (OCR) with Google AI technology is able to automatically recognize many handwriting styles. So you can save time converting your notes to digital files and get important information into the hands of your team, fast.
- Take notes Write your notes in a notebook or on a sheet of paper.
- Open the app, scan and convert Open the app, convert your handwritten notes to text files and email them to yourself.
- Edit and share Edit your notes and share with your team.
Xerox Note Converter App is ideal for use in all industries including, education, government, healthcare, hospitality, human resources, law, manufacturing and retail.
*Source: NeoLab Convergence, Inc.
Having more files does not have to mean more problems. Bring them all together by combining up to 5 files into one. Easily combine two or more Word, Excel, PowerPoint and existing PDFs into one, or insert one document into another at the printer. Your master document can then be printed, emailed or uploaded to the cloud platform of your choice, with encryption and password protection options for extra security.
- Select documents Choose up to 5 documents to work with.
- Order Customise the order you want the documents to appear in, or even select which page you want to insert the document at.
- Share Print, email or upload your new document straight from the printer.
Convert to Audio
Get your content on the go.
Convert hard-copy content into an audio file on your ConnectKey® Technology-enabled multifunction printer (MFP). Or do the same with a digital file on your mobile device. Text to MP3 is fast, easy and lets you listen wherever, whenever.
Added convenience for every person, department or business
Whether you’re a multitasker, on the go or simply prefer listening to reading, now you can instantly create audio files from hard-copy and digital documents. Just scan or upload and go. Content has never been more mobile. This new productivity tool can help you save time, give your eyes a break and utterly optimize your performance.
Pop in your earbuds and press play on productivity
- Scan Quickly log in to the MFP app with single sign-on functionality. Enter your email, language and settings. Then scan to convert your file to audio.
- Upload Instant audio is now mobile. Download the mobile app to your phone or tablet, log in and submit a digital file to create your audio file.
- Listen to your file Open the link in your email or tap on the file within the app on your mobile device. Just like that, you’ll be able to listen to your documents instead of reading them.
Xerox Audio Documents app for text to MP3 supports document submission in English, French, Spanish, German, Italian and Brazilian Portuguese for every person, every industry.
Eliminate language barriers. Instantly.
The Xerox® Translate and Print App utilizes state-of-the-art technology to provide instant machine translations on your Xerox® ConnectKey® Technology-enabled multifunction printer (MFP). You just walk up, scan your document in, and receive it back in the language of your choice. It couldn’t be any simpler. Quickly receive your translated document in printed form, and/or an editable Microsoft® Word (.docx) version emailed to one or more email addresses. Instant translations in over 44 languages are just a scan away.
More diverse viewpoints. Increasingly effective employees. Better, more engaging customer experiences. It’s all within your reach. Because when instant translation is just a scan away, breaking down language barriers gets a whole lot easier.
- Easy Access Just choose your original and target languages, then scan.
- Instant Results Get immediate results in the original layout.
- Better Engagement Break down the communication barrier to make a more meaningful connection with your audience.
Check out the translate app in action:
Now you see it. Now you don’t.
It’s as simple as that. According to Identity Theft Resource Center, 446.5 million consumer records containing PII were exposed last year. With this redaction app on your Xerox® ConnectKey® Technology-enabled multifunction printer (MFP), you can remove sensitive and personally identifiable information (PII) from an entire document in seconds.
Securely accelerate your approach to redaction.
Leveraging cutting-edge AI technology utilizing Google’s Data Loss Prevention (DLP) software, this redaction app makes it easy to scan hard copy documents and get instant results. Simply choose, then scan from one of your saved presets or custom PII and the app will automatically redact it. You can preview the results on your device and either print the redacted document or share it via email.
Any personally identifiable information (PII) — names, phone numbers, emails, Social Security numbers, dates of birth — is automatically redacted from official documents with this app. Choose your criteria, scan, preview the results and either print or email the fully redacted document. Custom redaction types are easy to add, and there’s plenty of flexibility to meet your specific needs.
- Easy access Just click on the app icon at the MFP, select what you want to redact and scan.
- Rapid redaction Choose the data types you’d like redacted and see results in seconds. Preview and approve to complete the process.
- Preview, then share Print the redacted document or send via email to your computer or the appropriate parties.
Other Xerox Apps
Instant access to a powerful tool to ensure accuracy and originality.
With Xerox Proofreader Service App on your workplace assistant, you can instantly check for spelling, grammar, syntax and even plagiarism, right from your printer. According to the Enterprise Application Market Higher Education report, 25% of essays submitted by students in higher education are still printed and submitted on paper.* This proofreading app can save significant time.
Focus on content, not corrections.
With the Xerox Proofreader Service, you can focus on content while our service takes care of the rest. Scan hardcopy documents directly to the service through the MFP for instant proofread results, or upload electronic documents to the online portal from any device. Suggested corrections and source citing can be printed instantly or retrieved from the online service.
*Learning Management Systems: A 2015 Enterprise Application Market Higher Education Report, 2016, ECAR
Helping make the workplace safer for everyone.
Considering today’s health crisis, minimizing touchpoints to create a safer workplace is of utmost importance. The Xerox® Touchless Access App helps keep your employees safe by reducing the need to touch shared multifunction devices. The app enables users to access printing, scanning and copying services via their mobile devices.
This app works on Xerox® AltaLink® and VersaLink® Multifunction Printers. You can connect to a device to copy, scan, and print without touching its controls. To put it simply – you get to access and execute the core services of Xerox® MFPs through your smartphones or tablets. The printer app works via the cloud, removing the need for your mobile device to be connected to the organization’s local IT network. This enables you to maintain all of the security you would expect from Xerox.
Touchless Technology to Enable a Safe Workplace
Accessing this functionality is so simple. The app is free for all AltaLink® and VersaLink® users. Download the app onto your MFPs from the Xerox App Gallery and run. There is no need to download a mobile app, simply use your mobile phone camera to scan the MFP front panel QR code.
One Application, Multiple Benefits
- Safety Enhance workplace safety by minimizing contact with printers and copiers.
- Security Connect sercurely to the device via the cloud.
- Convenience Easy to set up with no IT support. No apps to download on your mobile device. Simply scan the QR code, and the simple mobile web app opens automatically and the device is ready to use.
- Accessibility Take advantage of cloud technology via the simple mobile web app for fast access to print, copy and scan functionality.
As your business needs have changed due to outside influences such as health concerns, ConnectKey® gives you the flexibility to change your devices as needed to keep up-to-date with the current user and market requirements.
3rd Party Integration
Alongside Xerox’s offering of apps, they also have a wide selection of 3rd party apps allowing for their services to interact with your printer on the device itself. There is a large range of cloud storage provider integration so you can print your document without a computer regardless of which service you used to save it, be it Google Drive, Dropbox or OneDrive. Other offerings include:
Remark® Test Grading
With our test grading app on your Xerox ConnectKey® Technology-enabled multifunction printer, grading bubble tests is as easy as a scan. According to OECD Indicators, more than 50% of a teacher’s week is spent on lesson preparation and grading work.* Reclaim valuable class time and spend less time on paperwork.
Connect to Gravic’s powerful Remark Test Grading Service from your MFP to print bubble tests for your class. Scan completed answer sheets for instant results and report summaries. Faster grading means faster feedback for your students. With the Connect App for Remark Test Grading, you can offload test grading to your workplace assistant. You’ll get faster – nearly instant – results, fewer errors and the ability to simplify many of the workflows associated with your Gravic subscription.
*Education at a Glance 2017 – OECD Indicators, iLibrary, OECD Publishing
According to Forbes, between 70-80% improvement in efficiency is achieved by replacing manual processes with electronic signature solutions. Your paper processes can work smarter. With this app, you can easily scan to and print from your DocuSign account without the extra step of using a computer or mobile device. Save crucial time and keep your business moving forward.
This electronic signature app is an essential supplement to DocuSign. Print documents from DocuSign for distribution and archiving. Scan and save as a draft or send to recipients with redefined DocuSign templates. Or create new envelopes — complete with recipients and signature fields — right at your multifunction device. Get essential documents in front of the people who need them faster and with less hassle. This app brings the speed and convenience of the digital world to paper documents, so you can spend more time working on what matters.
Eliminate hassle and inefficiencies in the expense reporting process
It takes 20 minutes, on average, to complete one expense report.* With access to QuickBooks Online (QBO) right from your Xerox® ConnectKey® Technology-enabled multifunction printer, you can prepare, edit and submit your expense report right at the MFP with this expense report app.
Harness the timesaving efficiency of the Xerox Connect App for QuickBooks Online and take the frustration out of the expense reporting process. Efficiency is in the numbers — stop scanning one receipt at a time. Scan multiple receipts, edit your report, and even notify your approver without ever leaving the device.
- Easy access Log in to your QuickBooks Online account right at the MFP.
- One scan, multiple receipts Place one or more receipts on the glass or scan from the feeder.
- Instant edit, faster approval Edit, approve and submit immediately at the MFP.
Contact us today and let future® help streamline workflows and tame complex processes in any education or office setting with Xerox ConnectKey® Technology-enabled devices and apps for your workplace.