Our partners Xerox share in our goals for a sustainable future and have been at the forefront of many products, features and technologies that help create green and sustainable printing solutions for your workplace. These include but are not limited to:
- Inventing double sided copying in 1969
- Introducing the first post-consumer recycled paper products in the early 1970’s
- Introducing products in the 1980’s that automatically powered down or went into “sleep mode” years before energy programs were conceived.
- In the late 90’s Xerox initiated a cartridge return program so that cartridges can be remanufactured.
- In the 2000’s Xerox introduced the solid ink technology that reduced packaging and energy use.
The list goes on, Xerox have been working towards sustainable printing for over 40 years. At Xerox they align their goals for the environment, health and safety in six key areas to make a worldwide impact. They are carbon footprint, paper, clean air and water, waste, chemical management and health & safety. Xerox strive to maintain the highest standards for preserving the environment and enhancing health and safety for their employees and communities.
Efficient use of paper is the first step to reducing the amount of paper that needs to be recycled. Both Xerox and future® have partnered with PrintReleaf to further offset our collective carbon footprint. PrintReleaf is a reforestation program that has planted more than 2million trees to offset more than 17.4trillion letter pages so far. Here is a video link with a quick review of the program.
Did you know you can recycle you printer? Recycling equipment is a way to keep them out of landfill. At future® we will include printer and copier recycling as part of our Managed Print Services to ensure your old equipment doesn’t end up in a landfill.